My current column for Library Journal is all about taking a Twitter account to the next level. It's hard to keep organisational accounts progressing - a lot of them plateau after a while - so there's 10 golden rules to get you past that point.
The 10 golden rules in brief, are:
- Only tweet about your library one time in four
- Analyse your tweets
- Tweet multimedia
- Tweet more pictures
- If something is important, tweet it four times
- Use hashtags (but don’t go mad)
- Ask questions
- Get retweeted and your network will grow
- Put your Twitter handle EVERYWHERE
- Finally, avoid these pitfalls .