The third and final set of courses I'm running online for PiCS in 2017 will focus on social media for libraries. As with the previous ones this will happen a couple of times for different time zones.
Time and date
The training will take place over two sessions a week apart, each lasting two hours.
- Social Media Next Steps Part 1) July 25th. 9am - 11am Auckland time.
- Social Media Next Steps Part 2) August 1st. 9am - 11am Auckland time.
[Click here for all times and dates: including this course at different times and dates, and two other sets of workshops delivered online for PiCS this year.]
This is designed for anyone who uses social media on behalf of their institution, and who wants to looks beyond the basics of what these tools are and why to use them, and focus on how to use them more strategically and effectively.
By the end of this hands-on session attendees will:
- Have set up systems to feed in ideas of what to tweet, blog and Instragram about
- Have an improved understanding of and practical tips for includng multimedia in their social media
- Have used a small number of useful analytics tools which give you information you can ACT on, and have gained an understanding of what to look for when measuring impact, and what to change as a result
- Have an understanding of the different roles Twitter, Instagram, traditional blogs and Tumblr can play in the library landscape
- Know how to title and promote a blog post effectively
These will be interactive online workshops, using online software. Delegates will log-in on their PCs, and we'll run the training and provide tech support, plus all the slides and materials and an online booklet with the tasks and instructions in.
As well as hands-on exercises, there will be chances throughout to ask questions and interact with other delegates, just as you'd expect in face-to-face onsite training. All the content and materials are tailored for the online environment and I've got this whole thing down to a fine art, it works well.
We've left a week between the two parts because there will be some ideas to go away and play and things to try out between sessions.
You can book onto this course via the PiCS website - go to pics.com.au/events-2/59-social-media-next-steps/ or click the image below. The cost is A$320 excl. GST. This includes all the materials to cascade across your own institution.